Contact Lens Exam in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Whether you’re an experienced contact lens wearer or new to contacts, you need a contact lens exam to ensure your lenses fit properly and aren’t affecting your eye health. At our eye care centers in Northport, Reform, and Greensboro, we offer contact lens exams to help you find the perfect lens for your specific needs.
If you were previously told that you can’t wear contact lenses because of conditions like astigmatism or keratoconus, it might be time to try again! Thanks to advancements in technology, there are new types of contact lenses that are specifically designed to address these conditions.
Why are contact lens exams necessary?
Contact lenses are classified as medical devices and require a proper fitting to avoid any potential damage to your eyes. Regular eye exams are crucial to making sure your lenses still fit correctly and your eyes stay healthy. A poor-fitting lens can cause irritation, redness, blurred vision, and even corneal abrasions. Our experienced optometrist will make sure your contacts fit well, so you can have clear and comfortable vision all day long.
What to expect during a contact lens exam
During your contact lens exam, our eye doctors will:
- Evaluate your vision: We will assess your visual acuity, which is your ability to see clearly. This helps us determine the appropriate power for your contact lenses.
- Check for eye health issues: Our doctors will carefully examine your eyes for any signs of eye infections, allergies, or other conditions that could make it uncomfortable for you to wear contacts.
- Take measurements: We’ll measure the size of your corneas, pupils, and irises to figure out the right size and fit for your contact lenses.
- Discuss contact lens options: Our team will go over the different contact lens options with you, including disposable, daily wear, extended wear, multifocal, and specialty lenses.
- Provide fitting instructions: We’ll show you how to insert, remove, and take care of your contact lenses.
- Follow-up care: We’ll provide you with follow-up care instructions and monitor your eye health while wearing contact lenses.
Schedule a contact lens exam today
Our eye doctors at Tuscaloosa EyeCare in Northport, Pickens County EyeCare in Reform, and Hale County EyeCare in Greensboro provide personalized care and ensure your contact lenses provide clear, comfortable vision. If you haven’t had a contact lens exam in a while or you’re ready to try contact lenses for the first time, contact us to schedule an appointment!